Are you looking to learn more or advance further in a career with tennis? Are you ready to expand your career with teaching children in fun, dynamic, and energetic learning environments? Aloha Tennis Camps offer great employment opportunities surrounding tennis and teaching. We are always looking for high-energy, ambitious individuals to become team members of Aloha Tennis Camps. If you are interested in becoming part of our instructors team, please contact us. Mention “employment” in the subject line, include a brief description of why you are interested in working with Aloha Tennis Camps, and attach your resume.
POSITION: Head Tennis Coach
1. Ensure the safety and satisfaction of the students and parents as a #1 priority.
2. Reliable transportation with the ability to travel to work-site locations.
3. Work with the Camp Director to ensure daily curriculums and drills are followed, and provide clear communication between ATC, its customers, and any facilities under the scope of the Coaches responsible locations.
4. To help disseminate information concerning ATC and its offerings.
5. The Head Coach is responsible for helping provide direction to any assistant coaches assigned to any program area.
6. Unloading, setup, and organization of equipment. Packing up and organizing equipment for the following day.
7. Consistently survey and involve parents/students in the evaluation of the program. Be responsive to their suggestions and concerns, and be sure to communicate those with the Camp Director.
8. Be on call through cell phone during all scheduled camp days. Notify the Camp Director immediately if you are unable to attend and/or complete the shift as assigned.
9. Good physical health, ability to maintain high-energy, and anticipate student needs.
10. Reliable transportation and flexible work days/hours. (Weather plays a major role in scheduling so it isn’t uncommon for a standard work day to be cancelled due to bad weather and rescheduled for another day later in the week).
11. Ability to feed tennis balls.
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public, students, ATC affiliates, and partners.
3. The Head Coach needs to have experience in the following areas:
- Supervision of Staff/Children
- Working with children (Minimum of 2 years)
- Tennis/Tennis Equipment
1. Set-up, conducting, and packing up of assigned programs/equipment.
2. Organizing snack and lunch breaks.
3. Executing skills assessments/drills and providing constructive criticism of student progress.
4. Have fun with the kids and staff!
DAYS AND HOURS:
1. Monday – Thursday, Friday and Saturday of every camp week are on reserve in case of standard camp day cancellation due to bad weather. All staff must be flexible to these potential conditions.
2. Hours are 8:30am – 1:30pm. Up to 4 days per week. 20 total hours/per week. Up to 10 weeks.
3. Camps run June – August during public school summer breaks.
1. Job sites vary. Camp locations will be determined no less than one month prior to public school summer break.
2. Job Type: Independent Contractor – Part time.
3. Salary: $15-25/hour. Based on experience.
REQUIRED LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
1. USPTA or PTR certification. (Ideal, but not required)
2. Driver’s License